All test centres adhere to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) to ensure individuals with disabilities have equal access to testing services. Service is provided in both English and French. If you have any questions about our facilities or services, or would like to advise us of any accommodations you require, please utilize our contact us form. Selecting 'Accommodation request' from the subject list on the Contact us form will ensure efficient processing of your request.
Test centres across Ontario are designed to accommodate and include everyone.
- Located at street level
- Accessible service counters and desks for those using mobility aids
- Power doors, ramps, and railings
- Accessible parking, bathrooms, aisles, and waiting areas
- Support person and service animal allowances
- Emergency response team and procedures (e.g., fire wardens, certified first aid/CPR providers)
- Multiple methods of communication: in-person, telephone interactive voice response, live-operator call centre, as well as an AODA-compliant and responsive website
- Staff trained to accommodate all applicants
Security guard and private investigator tests are available in English and French. Translators, interpreters, and translation aids are not permitted in the testing room.
If you are hearing-impaired, we can provide printed copies of the candidate protocol (in addition to the test itself) on the day of the test appointment. If you have reading or writing or vision limitations, you can take a verbal test in English or French. There is no extra fee for a verbal test, but you do need to contact us prior to making an appointment. Selecting 'Accomodation request' from the subject list on the contact us form will ensure efficient processing of your request. Proof will be required for accommodations.
Serco Canada Inc. has published Accessibility Standards for Customer Service (PDF) that reflect Ontario Regulation 429/07 and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Serco's policy applies to all Test Centres and the Support Office to ensure equal access to its goods and services.